In general, when Users visit our Application and access information, Users will remain anonymous. However, for some services provided through our Application, such as requesting a product trial or subscribing to email updates, we will ask Users to register using an online registration form and to share personal identification information.
Personal Identification InformationThe Application collects personal User information as provided by Slack upon installation of the Application in Slack. This is required so that we can load full names and avatars of users in the given Slack workspace and create their Wowwlr profiles.
Non-Personal Identification InformationWe may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Application. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connecting to our Application, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider(s) utilized and other similar information. While accessing and operating a Wowwlr product, we may also record general statistical and tracking information, such as the date and time a User accesses his or her product and the time spent using it, etc., as well as aggregated, anonymous usage stats.
Third Party ServicesWe may use services hosted by third parties such as Google Analytics to help us understand how our Application is being used. These services may collect information sent by the Application as part of a web page request, including IP addresses or cookies. If these third party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
The most important partners we use:
- Infrastructure: Heroku
- Database: MongoDB Atlas
- Analytics: Google Analytics
Retention timeThe Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that Wowwlr suspend or remove the data.
Your rights and optionsYou have the following rights on the info that we hold on you or that any third party we’ve shared your data with holds on you. You may request that:
- we send you the copy of all the data
- we delete all of your data
- we correct any incorrect data
- we cease some processing of your data (right to object)
- we restrict the processing of data e.g. if you need the data kept as evidence for a legal claim. Please see Article 18 of the GDPR for the exact conditions.
- you may revoke your consent at any time, in which case we will seize any further processing of your data and erase it, unless we have a justified reason or legal obligation to keep them.
After a data deletion request has been fulfilled, your data may survive in backups for some time.
How We Use Collected InformationWowwlr may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the service. In order to provide the very Wowwlr service through Slack, we collect User information, like full name, to make sure we deliver the basic functionality
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Application.
- To improve our Application. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Application feature. We may send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their product or services. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Application.
How We Protect Your InformationWe apply data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of User’s personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Application.
Data transfers outside the EUSome of the data may be moved outside the EU by our service providers. We have ensured that the service providers we use have certified in the Privacy Shield framework that provides safety for the data transferred from the EU, or that they have some other legitimate ground to transfer the data outside the EU.
Sharing Your Personal InformationWe do not sell, trade, or rent User’s personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third Party Applications / LinksUsers may find content on our Application that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Application. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Application, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. Wowwlr is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party websites.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection ActProtecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information on our Application from those we actually know are under the age of 13, nor is any part of our Application targeted to attract anyone under 13. We request that all visitors to our Application who are under 13 not disclose or provide any personally identifiable information. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our records.
Data SecurityWe take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorized access. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk.
Consent to TransferThis Application is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and/or third countries. By using our Application, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Your Acceptance of These TermsBy using this Application, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Application. Your continued use of the Application following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on December 22, 2020